A long, leisurely brunch with children seems like an oxymoron. It’s hard to sip your Bloody Mary or Mimosa while dealing with sippy cups and sibling squabbles. But First Watch in Turkey Creek is trying to shake things up by elevating the family weekend brunch. Of the four First Watches in Knoxville, the Turkey Creek location is the first to offer the new Brunch Cocktails. The First Watch Turkey Creek team invited our Knoxville Moms team to try out their new crafted cocktails.
Yours truly got the tough assignment of having a mid-week boozy brunch. The things I do for Knoxville Moms!
When I initially walked into First Watch Turkey Creek, I was surprised by the sleek new look. I’ve visited this location before and I honestly don’t remember what it looked like before the “urban farm” style it’s rocking now. Changes include a full bar with seating and plenty of reclaimed wood and subway tile. It’s bright and airy and just the kind of atmosphere I’m digging for brunch.
In addition to the décor change, First Watch Turkey Creek added a cocktail menu.
It will look familiar to First Watch aficionados because some of the cocktails are variations of the restaurants’ popular freshly squeezed juices. To name just a few, you’ll find a Vodka Kale Tonic made with gluten-free vodka, fresh juiced kale, Fuji apple, English cucumber and lemon. Then there’s the Pomegranate Sunrise made with Camarena Tequila, pomegranate, fresh lime and agave nectar. You can practically count these drinks as health food! For those who prefer the brunch classics, Mimosas and Bloody Marys are also available in addition to other tasty adult beverages. All the items on the cocktail menu are $8, which is more than reasonable once you see the size of the pour.
Your server brings you an adorable glass bottle filled with the beverage of your choice. I’m a brunch purist so I opted for the Bloody Mary, which meant my drink came with an accessory — First Watch’s famous Million Dollar Bacon. It’s hardwood smoked bacon baked with brown sugar, black pepper, cayenne and a maple syrup drizzle. In other words, bacon-y heaven. Don’t worry; I wasn’t drinking alone. Our fearless Knoxville Moms leader Natalie was with me. She sampled the Mimosa and said it was fizzy and fabulous.
We certainly didn’t drink on an empty stomach! I was in a savory kind of mood and ordered the Smoked Salmon and Roasted Vegetable Frittata with mixed greens on the side. I’ve had this First Watch dish before and once again it was delicious. Natalie selected a seasonal item: The Pumpkin Pancake Breakfast. The pancake was giant and it smelled (and tasted) like fall should! While we both stuck to breakfast fare, the menu also offers lunch items like salads and sandwiches.
Let’s not forget about the kiddos! First Watch does offer a Children’s Menu with plenty of options for picky palates including chocolate chip pancakes, sandwiches, and eggs and bacon. More adventurous eaters will enjoy the Fruit Crepe which I may have to try some time! Detailed allergy information is available for all those menu items as well.
When the weekend rolls around, let someone else do the cooking. Keep First Watch Turkey Creek in mind for an adult brunch you can enjoy WITH the kids (and maybe even a mid-week boozy brunch with your girlfriends!). Responsible adults that we are, we’ll always drink in moderation and make sure there’s a designated driver.
One lucky reader will be able to experience a First Watch Brunch!
*Comment on this blog post with your favorite brunch food!
*Comment on our Facebook post here.
Cheers and happy brunching!
***Safety is a priority for First Watch including masks, sanitizing, questions before seated, digital menus and sanitized menus available.***
- Pre-Screening our Team Members | Every person, every shift, to ensure everyone on our team is healthy and ready to safely serve you and your family.
- Social Distancing | For everyone’s safety, we are making a conscious effort to minimize close contact. A little personal space goes a long way.
- Menus | We are providing single-use menus, and you can also check out our menu on your mobile device to keep things clean and green!
- Condiments | Single-use condiments are available upon request. We’re also disinfecting containers, bottles and trays between each use.
- High-Touch Surfaces | We’re continually disinfecting door handles, restroom surfaces, our host area…you name it!
- Hand Sanitizer | It’s available up front. Come say hi!
- Handwashing and Hygiene | We’re all washing our hands, as always, thoroughly and often. We’re also ensuring the whole team is practicing other proper personal hygiene behaviors. Of course.
- Personal Protective Equipment | We’ve made personal protective equipment, including face coverings and gloves, available to all team members.
- No-Contact Pickup | Next time you’re craving Breakfast, Brunch or Lunch on the go, order and pay online and grab your order just inside our front door. We’ll give you a thumbs up on the way out!
For more information about their safety protocols please visit their website.