Would you believe me if I told you there was a store better than Aldi, Hobby Lobby, or even, dare I say, Target? What if I told you could fill your shopping cart to the brim and barely put a dent in your bank account? At this magical place, you can buy all. the. things. for the low, low price of $1. ONE DOLLAR, FOLKS. No coupons needed (though, surprise, you can use them there!), no app required, and this deal is going to last all year long.
Let’s take a few moments to pay homage to the magnificence that is Dollar Tree.
You’re probably thinking of Dollar Tree as the place you pop into just before movie date night for candy and soda to smuggle in your purse. It’s so much more than that. Dollar Tree may not have fancy home decor, organic pureed baby food or treat you to Starbucks, but it does have everything you need at (likely) the most affordable price.
- Forget Old Navy. You know who has $1 flip flops all season long? Dollar Tree does.
- Are you going on vacation and need to stock up on toiletries, but those little tiny little travel size ones don’t cut it? Dollar Tree has your back. (Oh, and in case you were wondering, they have travel size too.)
- Valentine’s Day, Easter, birthdays or Christmas, Dollar Tree will not fail you. Balloons and helium are at the ready (you can even order them online), their holiday decorations are on point, and who cares if they only last one season for $1?! Easter baskets, stocking stuffers, birthday goodie bags, gadgets and gizmos aplenty, thingamabobs — they’ve got a lot more than twenty!
- Do you want to give to those in need but don’t necessarily have a lot of extra resources laying around? Dollar Tree can give you the full bang for your buck. A literal buck.
- That gallery wall you’ve always wanted but didn’t want to spend a small fortune on frames — at $1 a piece, you can put a gallery wall in every room in your house.
- Need to entertain some kiddos? There’s nothing like spending an hour in Dollar Tree, and the best news is that you won’t feel inclined to say no if they ask to buy something! While some of the toys are a little on the cheap and flimsy side, the best buys are definitely the Disney coloring books, bubbles, kites, and sidewalk chalk.
- You may not want to buy a birthday or baby shower present there, but there’s no place better to buy wrapping paper, tissue paper, bows and bags. Oh, and did I mention cards are two for $1? When’s the last time you saw a greeting card under $5?
- Stationery, pens, art supplies, even bubble mailers are two for $1. Make your kids’ crafting dreams come true without ever having to set foot in Hobby Lobby.
- Sunglasses and reading glasses, I promise you won’t find them this cheap anywhere else!
- Do you have a little girl who loves makeovers and manicures more than life itself? They even carry a few e.l.f. line makeup products, acrylic nails for little ones, and hair accessories galore.
- Groceries. I know, I know, you think I’m absolutely out of my mind. But there’s something to this, and you might be surprised at what you find.
My favorite other random things I’ve bought there include dinosaur wall decals for my son’s room, outlet plugs for a baby proofing win, a box of super hero capes for birthday party favors (even pink ones!), and silk flowers for our mailbox planter because we have black thumbs in this family.
Have I convinced you yet that Dollar Tree is the happiest place on earth? Because it really is. I’d give up Target and Starbucks before I’d give up Dollar Tree. So venture on over to the world’s greatest store and feel like you’ve spent a million bucks when you’ve really only spent $22.
Dollar tree is my favorite! Perfect place for party supplies, too! I love to go to the different stores in my area and look at the different stock each one has. You can always find something there.
Totally agree! I love their seasonal items, picture frames, tri-fold boards for kids’ school projects, snacks galore, eyeglass cleaning cloths AND they accept coupons! I don’t coupon much here, because I feel like I’m getting a deal already, but some things are worth it (Angel soft TP, Dawn & Palmolive dish detergent, Bugles snacks, and brand name toothpaste, just to name a few)! Not all stores have a refrigerated section either, but those that do, often have a good variety of frozen ice cream novelties, small cartons of milk, and I’ve even been lucky enough to find cartons of medium sized eggs by the dozen! And those that know me, know that if I’m not home, I’m probably at the Dollar Tree!