August is coming to an end and fall decor is out coming out everywhere. And while all of it may not be out just yet, it’s good to add a few favorite details to get your space ready.
1. Add a warm wood tone to your space. If you have a larger scale project, look for a walnut coffee table to add to your living room. For a small refresh, add a wood trivet or cutting board to your counter. I love the contrast of marble and wood in the kitchen.
2. Look for natural stone. Marble has been popular for several seasons (and I don’t foresee it ever losing popularity) and it is now going a little bit darker. Look for marble in beige and with more veining. Travertine is another popular option.
3. Add a checkered pattern. Check board pattern is everywhere! From interiors to fashion and large and small, it has made a big splash. For a large scale project, use two colors of tile to create a pattern or paint this on existing tile. For a smaller project, incorporate checkers in textiles like rugs, pillows and dish towels.
4. Add in jewel tones. Paint a room a jewel tone or add in some pretty pillows and throws in your favorite deep colors. My favorite room to paint with maximum impact is the powder room.
5. Work in layers. A home can tell a story with a carefully curated collection. Quirky gallery walls with family photos, favorite art pieces and assorted frames can quickly add character to a space. Add in cozy throws and piles of books. Working on your room over time can make your personality shine!