On Friday, August 5th, Dollywood’s Dreamer-in-Chief, Miss Dolly Parton, unveiled the newest attraction coming to the park.
Big Bear Mountain will be opening in 2023 and it will be Dollywood’s largest coaster!
If you’ve visited the park lately and ridden the Dollywood Express, then you’ve seen they’re already hard at work making this new attraction come to life. This coaster will be family friendly, with a minimum ride height of 39 inches and no upside down loops, and located in Wildwood Grove where it will span an enormous six acres.
Here’s what we know about Big Bear Mountain:
- The ride will last 99-104 seconds
- It will be 66 feet at the highest track elevation
- The minimum height requirement is 39 inches
- 20 passengers allowed per train
- The maximum speed is 48 MPH
- It will be 3,990 feet long
You can expect to ride in a JEEP look-a-like cart, strapped in at the waist, as you coast along the backside of Wildwood Grove.