Sometimes the best desserts are the classic desserts. I was recently craving a refreshing fruit pizza, but knew my husband wouldn’t be home until late. If you have ever made a fruit pizza you know they get soggy in the middle after a night in the refrigerator. After a little research I found MINI FRUIT PIZZAS. I was so excited because they can be customized for your picky children (or husbands) so you don’t have to spend 10 minutes picking off strawberries that are “yucky” even though they ate them perfectly well yesterday. My husband went for all of the blueberries, I wanted strawberries and kiwi, and my son ate all of the blueberries first, and then devoured the cookie.
I was so excited about this new twist that I wanted to share it with the world. Goodbye soggy day old fruit pizza! Hello mini (anything mini is better anyways) fruit pizzas!
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 12 mins
Total Time: 27 mins
- refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 8 oz package of cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- your favorite fruit toppings (we used strawberries, kiwi, and blueberries)
- Bake the sugar cookies as directed (I wanted shaped cookies, so I cut them with a cookie cutter)
- In a medium size bowl, use an electric mixer to blend the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla together until smooth
- Allow the cookies to cool completely
- Spread a lovingly amount of the cream cheese mixture on the top of the sugar cookies
- Chop the fruit into small pieces (we used kiwi, blueberries, and strawberries)
- Top the Easy Mini Fruit Pizzas with the pieces of fruit
- Eat immediately
We stored the blank cookies and icing mixture in separate sealed container to keep the freshness. The mixture needs to be refrigerated, but the cookies can stay on the counter if you dare.