The summer heat is in full gear, and we’re nearing the start of school. Don’t let the summer blues get you down, there is still time to make family memories with a short trip to SoundWaves Nashville at Gaylord Opryland Resort!
SoundWaves is the newest addition to Gaylord Opryland Resort built in 2019. Many of us are making vacation plans closer to home due to the pandemic and Nashville is a short 2 1/2 hour drive, perfect for a weekend trip!
Currently, Gaylord is offering HUGE discounts for Tennessee residents so now is the time to take the family! Gaylord is taking extreme measures to ensure your safety is number one. You can read over their new safety protocols and guidelines on their website.
1) Smaller Kids Water Area:
2) Tidal Track Wave Pool:
3) The Down Tempo Lazy River & Up TempoTurbo River:
4) Indoor/Outdoor Slides
5) You Never Have to Leave the Resort!
Gaylord Opryland has everything your family needs. From restaurants to coffee, if you stay at the resort you’ll probably never even walk the whole place because it’s gigantic. When we’ve stayed, we have just stayed inside the resort. Gaylord has nine acres of indoor gardens complete with multiple waterfalls, restaurants, an indoor boat ride, dancing fountains, and seasonal activities available to the public. They have nightly fountain shows that have music and light that kids and adults will both enjoy!
In the summer, they run Summerfest that have different themes each year. This year you can experience the Wildlife Rescue AR Experience. Once you download the app on your phone you follow the map to find the clues about endangered species. My boys loved this one, and the photos really look like the animal is right there!
You can also enjoy rides on the Delta Riverboat Tour to learn about the history of the hotel and about the flowers and plants throughout the resort. This tour is located in the Delta area of the resort which has a New Orleans vibe. It was one of our favorite areas because it has shops, coffee, and sweets!
- Rapid RemixTM– Climb aboard a mega raft for 4-5 people and get ready for a breathtaking series of vortex loops-complete with 21 LED lights and 12 music speakers. 42″ height requirement. Riders between 42″ and 48″ shall be accompanied by a Supervising Companion.
- Stage DiveTM – This ultimate body sliding adventure features two slides. Choose the translucent tube with LED lights or try the opaque tube with no lights for even more suspense. 42″ height requirement.
- Record LaunchTM – Choose your adventure at the top. Pick the tubing bowl path for an intense centrifugal experience with 16 LED lights and four music speakers. Or push the limits of gravity with our two-person serpentine water ride. 42″ height requirement. Riders between 42″ and 48″ shall be accompanied by a Supervising Companion.
- Crowd Surfer – Nashville’s only double FlowRider® lets two people surf at once.
- Up Tempo Rapids River – Zip along on this 36″ rapid river, complete with waterfalls and spray features.
- Down Tempo Lazy River – Grab a tube and float down this relaxing river through cavernous rock features with LED lighting led lighting and music.
- Groovin’ Lagoon Activity Pool – Fun for all ages, explore this pool area’s rock wall, lily pad walk, basketball hoops and 30′ water curtain.
- Quarter Note Cove – Explore this splash pad and pool designed for young children.
- Half Note Cove – This multi-level play structure is great for kids of all ages with its multiple small and medium slides, shallow water and spray features.
- Private Cabana Rentals
Seasonal outdoor attractions will be open daily June 25 through August 16, 2020, then Saturdays and Sundays only through Labor Day.
- Beat Drop – The floor drops and riders plunge down a near-vertical tunnel to enter a looping water slide. 48″ height requirement.
- Bass Drop – This extreme high-speed, open-flume body ride is a six-story free-fall into six inches of water! 48″ height requirement.
- Rock’N Racer – With four lanes, riders race each other through tight 360 degree loops to see who finishes first. A leader board at the bottom shows who won. 42″ height requirement.
- Rising Stars Stage – This multi-level play structure is great for kids of all ages with its multiple small and medium slides, shallow water and spray features.
- Tidal Track Wave Pool – Waves come every 10-15 seconds on this beach that goes out to 6- feet-deep, complete with a giant LED screen that can be viewed from the water or the hundreds of feet of shoreline.
- Diamond Pool– This adults-only flat water outdoor pool area is for ages 18 and up only.
- Private Cabana Rentals