The Muse Knoxville is hosting their 2nd annual STEAM Carnival on October 13th from 10am-4pm! This event is FREE to all and a perfect way for your family to spend a fall Saturday!
This year’s STEAM Carnival is the East Tennessee kick-off event for the Tennessee STEAM Festival. The STEAM Festival is an exciting 10-day celebration of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math that encourages curiosity and a love of learning in children state-wide.
The Muse Knoxville’s STEAM Carnival, sponsored by TVA, will feature several STEAM-centered activities:
- LEGO Sumo Bot Competitions: Sumo Bot battles are a face-off of engineering and creativity. Kids of all ages can enter their sumo bots in the ring and test their creations against those of their peers. This event will encourage young builders in their pursuit of engineering, and maybe even inspire new interest. To learn more about Sumo Bot Battles and registering your child, visit https://themuseknoxville.org/steam-carnival.
- Killswitch Robot Battles with Knox Makers: Killswitch Robot battles can sound intimidating, but these robots are so exciting to see in action! Two robots go in to the Killswitch arena, and only one comes out. With blasts of fire, pounding mallets, and spinning saws, this is an activity that’s sure to inspire a desire to learn more about STEAM topics.
- “Busker” Science Pop-ups sponsored by Arconic and a Science Show by Dr. Beaker: Busker Science, not unlike Busker Music, is a traveling presentation, hoping to engage young interest. Dry ice bubbles and glowing slime are only the tip of the iceberg. You’ll think Dr. Beaker is magic, but it’s all Science, meant to showcase the fun side of STEAM.
- Global Cardboard Challenge sponsored by Lowe’s: The Cardboard Challenge was created to foster creativity and a respect for the environment. By using recycled materials, namely cardboard, kids and their grown ups can build and create in ways they don’t normally have the opportunity to experience.
- Building Kits provided by Lowe’s: Thanks to Lowe’s, we’ll have a booth for kids to work on build and take activities, practicing real tool skills to become the best makers they can be!
- Plus bounce houses, face painting, food trucks, and more crafty and educational activities for some good, old fashioned carnival fun!