Are ya’ll addicted to Instagram as much as I am? Even if you aren’t, I bet you probably take hundreds of pictures with your phones. Do those photos ever see the light of day or do they live in digital la-la land? I have to admit, while I take an upwards of 10k photos each year with my dslr and phone combined, I’m not much for printing out photos unless they are going to be displayed somewhere. Most of those lucky photos hang on the gallery wall above my staircase.
All the photos on my wall are pretty formal and mostly professional shots, but there is just something so lovely about the candid everyday photos that I had to find a way to be able to display those as well. I scoured Pinterest until I found an idea that would work for my home. (I’m sorry it’s been so long ago, that I no longer can find the original pin.)
It is so easy you guys and super cheap!
- Spare wood (I used two different widths because that’s what we had, just make do!)
- Paint or stain
- Magnetic office clips
- Hot glue gun
- Sawtooth picture hangers
- Instagram or square sized pictures
- Cut your wood to size. If you aren’t handy with a saw, Lowe’s or Home Depot will actually do this for you. I cut mine in 2 different sizes.
- Stain or paint your board.
- Knock in the sawtooth picture hangers on the backside of each board.
- Drizzle some hot glue on the magnetic side of the clip and stick it to the frontside of the board.
- Hang your pictures.
**I order all my hangable pictures (including these Instagram pictures) through MPix. I think they have fabulous quality and have always been impressed.**
**If you are a fellow Instagram lover you can follow me here!**